Location, Location, Location
July 16, 2016 by Wendy
Hotel: Harvey’s Resort & Casino
Location: Hwy 50 And Stateline Ave, Stateline, NV
Room Price: $49 and up
Harvey’s Lake Tahoe is an expansive, four star, casino hotel, located just over the state line from South Lake Tahoe, CA. Harvey’s was the first Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino, opening its doors in 1944. There are 742 rooms on 18 stories with incredible views of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains. Amenities include a full-service spa, outdoor pool, health club, arcade & game room, ski rental and wi-fi. There are nine different types of rooms, some of which are equipped with lounges, jetted tubs, 50-inch TVs and lake views. I prefer Harvey’s if you are bringing your children along because of Harvey’s arcade, Carvel’s Ice Cream and the lack of an in-house nightclub. Room rates fluctuate greatly depending on the season and room amenities. You can find basic rooms as low as $49 a night on special but expect to pay closer to $200 on weekends during ski season.
Location, Location, Location
Adjacent to Heavenly Village, Harvey’s places visitors mere steps from the best restaurants, entertainment and activities in South Lake Tahoe. Harvey’s is owned by Harrah’s Entertainment (which is owned by Caesar’s) and the two establishments are linked by a walkway that crosses underneath Highway 50, allowing visitors full access to both casinos without braving the elements. Harvey’s is in the area that locals call “Casino Center” because four of South Tahoe’s casinos are located there: Harvey’s, Harrah’s, MontBleu, and the Hard Rock Casino. Casino Center is adjacent to Heavenly Village, the launching point for skiing and hiking Heavenly Mountain.
The Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harvey’s is directly behind Harvey’s Casino Hotel and hosts energetic concerts by the best names in music. To purchase tickets visit: Ticketmaster. The Improv at Harvey’s is a favorite of both locals and guests. Nightlife is robust with the nightclub PEEK located at Harrah’s and Opal Ultra Lounge at MontBleu, both across the street from Harvey’s. The LOFT is the newest lounge right in the heart of the village offering both dinner and live theater. The South Shore room at Harrah’s and the MontBleu Theater have impressive line-ups.
There are five top notch restaurants right in the resort.
- The Hard Rock Café is my favorite restaurant in Harvey’s. Tourists get a little confused by the fact that the Hard Rock Casino is next door. The Hard Rock Casino and Hotel has other great food offerings but the only Hard Rock Café in Lake Tahoe is located in Harvey’s. Enjoy their varied menu of American grill offerings, steaks and Mexican dishes. Don’t miss their signature drinks both with and without alcohol. Try a Twisted Shake, it is happiness in a glass. You will love the food and the energetic atmosphere. Hard Rock Café is open Monday – Thursday 11 am to 11 pm, Friday 11 am to midnight, Saturday 9 am to midnight, and Sunday 9 am to 11 pm.
- Cabo Wabo Cantina serves Mexican-American food with a Sammy Hagar influence. The food is excellent and the cocktails are even better. Enjoy live music seven nights a week. Cabo Wabo Cantina is open Monday-Thursday form 4 pm to 9pm, Friday from 4:40 pm to 9:30 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 9:30 pm and Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm.
- Straw Hat Sports Bar & Grille serves beer and pizza surrounded by 20 HDTVs. You can also build your own salad at their extensive salad bar. The atmosphere is very relaxed and family friendly. No need to miss the big game just because you are on vacation. The Straw Hat Sports Bar & Grille is open Sunday –Thursday from 7 am to 11 pm, and Friday –Saturday from 7 am to 2 am.
- The Sage Room is an upscale steak restaurant with an alpine lodge theme. Locals come to the Sage Room to have a romantic dinner or celebrate an important event with friends. The food and service is excellent and the atmosphere is quietly inviting. Reservations are accepted but not usually needed unless you are bringing a large group. The Sage Room is open Sunday, Monday and Thursday from 5:30 to 9 pm and Friday-Saturday from 5:30 to 9:30 pm. The Sage Room is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- 19 Kitchen and Bar is an upscale dining experience on the top floor of Harvey’s Lake Tahoe. The panoramic views of Lake Tahoe are spectacular just make sure you arrive while the sun is still up so that you can enjoy them. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic meal that you can get dressed up for, 19 Kitchen will not disappoint. Reservations are recommended, especially on holiday weekends. 19 Kitchen and Bar is open Tuesday – Thursday from 5:30 to 8:30 pm and Friday-Saturday from 5:30 to 9 pm.
Quick Snacks – Harvey’s also has three casual dining options. Cinnabon, Carvel’s Ice Cream and Starbucks are all located within Harvey’s resort. If you are celebrating and would like to get a cake or other treats, I recommend the Sugar Pine Bakery.
Harvey’s is one of five casino resorts located in South Tahoe, each offering 24 hour gaming opportunities. Heavenly Village is adjacent to Casino Center. The hub of village activity is the Heavenly Ski Resort Gondola, your transport to the top of Heavenly mountain. At the top of Heavenly you can ski in the winter and hike in the summer. Harvey’s rents ski equipment in the winter. The Tamarack Lodge serves food to sojourners at the top of the Gondola. Heavenly Village Cinemas is an 8 screen theater with comfortable seating and a full concession stand. Heavenly Village has terrific restaurants and lots of live music during busy weekends. The Edgewood Golf Course is a world class golf course next door to Harvey’s Casino Hotel. You can take a cruise around Lake Tahoe on the Delta Queen or MS Dixie II, visit historical homes, snowmobile, skydive, go horseback riding or wine tasting, just ask the concierge for assistance. Free activities include live music, hiking, biking and visiting the beach.
Harvey’s Casino Hotel is a true destination. Everything you need for a great vacation is contained within the resort. Harvey’s is located in the Casino Center of South Lake Tahoe one block from the Heavenly Gondola and Heavenly Village, and next door to Edgewood Golf Course. Rooms start at $49 on special but run closer to $200 on busy weekends. Harvey’s is a full service casino resort with 5 restaurants, comedy club, and arcade.
For more information on traversing the mountain passes with your truck or RV check out the Mountain Directory: A Guide for Truckers, RV and Motorhome Drivers. It is an e-book with interactive maps and description of roads and passes to help you plan the best travel route.